Solmar Hotels & Resorts considers the safety and wellbeing of our guests and residents our number one priority at Solmar Hotels and Resorts. While the Los Cabos Tourism Board implement numerous measures amid the growing concern of COVID-19, on March 21st, 2020, state authorities confirmed the first positive case of COVID-19 in Los Cabos. The confirmed case is a tourist who showed no symptoms and has since been placed in isolation under close medical supervision. An epidemiological fence has been set around those who were in contact with him to monitor and prevent an outbreak.
The Los Cabos Tourism Board continues to implement the strictest protocols to prevent the spread of the virus including the reinforcement of enhanced procedures at the SJD International Airport with thermal cameras, 4-week school closures as of Monday, March 23rd and reduction of load capacity of local venues open to the public. To learn more about these measures, visit https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/english/.
While we understand the growing concerns about the spread of the virus, we would like to share some of the actions reinforced at our resorts in order to ensure that your stay at our seven all-suites resorts is a pleasant and safe one:
- Staff training on prevention techniques for the virus, with sessions led by local health authorities (IMSS).
- Implementation and education on prevention tactics, including campaigns for frequent and proper hand washing and no handshaking.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols on all surfaces and spaces accessible to guests, residents and staff including but not limited to the call buttons in elevators, golf carts, light switches, door handles, toilets, telephones, reception counter, room, pool furniture and more.
- Placement of anti-bacterial gel dispensers in strategic locations and common areas such as front desks, restaurant entrances, restrooms, guest shuttles and more. Dispensers have also been placed in all staff areas, including personnel buses, staff entrances, kitchens and other back-of- the-house areas.
- An on-site detection team– comprised of a physician, general manager, operations manager and head of security, in coordination with the corresponding health authorities, has been established.
- Affiliated programs, such as Distinctive H (hygienic food preparation management) practices are in place and have been reinforced.
- Continuous deep cleaning and sanitization of kitchen and spa areas.
- On-site doctors, with local hospital affiliations, are available to provide medical assistance or referrals, please dial 0 for immediate assistance.
We are utilizing all possible resources to ensure that your visit and stay at Solmar Hotels and Resorts is safe and memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
The Management Team.